Information Security Initiatives
Information security is a major responsibility for companies, and Nitta works to ensure its reputation as a safe and reliable corporate group by putting in place an information security policy, information security management rules, and other elements comprising an information management system, which prevents information leaks and other situations where information could become compromised.
Nitta Group Information Security Policy
In accordance with the Nitta Group Code of Conduct and all relevant laws and regulations, the Nitta Group (“the Group”) handles customer and business partner information and Group information assets in a manner appropriate to the reasons for which said information and assets were obtained, and it undertakes initiatives (“information security”) to properly ensure the continued confidentiality, completeness, and availability of the information and assets in the face of threats to them.
- 1. Information Security SystemThe Group has created an information security system that governs such matters as the selection of information security officers.
- 2. gal Compliance and Rule Development, AdherenceThe Group complies with all relevant information security-related laws and regulations (“relevant laws”). Also, the Group is fastidious in its preparation of and adherence to information security-related rules (“information security rules”) aimed at preventing leakage, destruction, loss, unauthorized access, or any other violation of information security.
- 3. Information Security MeasuresThe Group takes appropriate information security-related measures when performing information systems development, operation, or maintenance.
- 4. Prompt Handling of Accidents and FailuresThe Group has formulated response measures to be enacted in the event of an information security accident or information system failure to ensure the resumption of business operations as quickly as possible.
- 5. Training and Awareness-Raising ActivitiesThe Group carries out information security measures-related training and awareness-raising activities on an ongoing basis for employees in order to foster greater mindfulness about information security.
- 6. Ongoing Revision and ImprovementThe Group regularly inspects and assesses its level of compliance with this policy, relevant laws, and information security rules, as well as engages in ongoing revision, improvement, and enhancement of the information security system and its related measures.